When you decide to use secondary glazing glass on your windows, there are many advantages to be gained. You’ll be able to notice these almost immediately once you’ve completed the process. These include:
- Not as much noise: Windows with secondary double glazing reduces traffic, airplane, train, road work and general outside noise. Too much noise can disrupt your sleep, living and overall health. This noise can be reduced from 75 percent up to 90 percent when you choose a glass with high specification.
- Decreases loss of heat: These are the windows that cut down on the amount of heat you lose. Since heating costs are always climbing, it makes sense to install secondary or double glazing. You can save up to 50 percent on heat loss just by adding an extra pane of glass over your existing window panes.
- Keeps out drafts: With secondary glazing glass, your windows are draft proof. There are twin brush seals that provide high seal efficiency, which keeps the drafts from coming inside. The single glazed windows don’t have enough insulation, effective seals, and may not close right. These things can lead to cold coming into your house.
- Secondary glazing glass Cost less than replacing windows: It’s typically cheaper to do secondary glazing than to replace your windows. This is the perfect option if you can’t afford to get high quality double glazing especially if you live where traffic noise is a problem. Another example is when you’re renting or leasing where you’re not allowed to change the windows.
- • Easily cleaned: Secondary glazing is an easily cleaned system. Using secondary glazing that tilts back and slides, you can clean the back of the glass as well as the window.
Most secondary glazing allows insert panels, integral panels or fly-screens, which can be very handy during the summer or warmer months. You can choose from hinged, fixed, or lift-out plus horizontal and vertical sliding units. Secondary double glazing is simple to install and offers better home security.
You can find just the right secondary double gazing by searching online for dealers in your area. This is the best way to get assistance from experts and any warranty details that you need. You might also check a mirrors sale to see if there are any secondary double glazing also on sale.